Sunday, May 15, 2011

Thor

The second movie event of the summer season was Thor on May 7, 2011. This movie had both regular 2D and 3D versions. We opted to pay the extra charge to see it in 3D. The movie was filmed in 3D, and so to my delight, did not give me a headache. Here's the Marvel synopsis:

"The epic adventure THOR spans the Marvel Universe from the present day Earth to the cosmic realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient way. As a result, Thor is banished to Earth where he is forced to live among humans. When the most dangerous villian of his world sends its darkest forces to invade Earth, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero."

I must say that I liked this movie a lot more that I expected to. I thought that it would be full of ugly battle scenes, but it wasn't. There were only two and a half major battle scenes, and even those didn't last long and weren't as rough as I thought they would be, which I appreciated as a woman. (As a woman I also appreciated the shirtless Chris Hensworth scene.) Marvel Studios seems to understand that a battle doesn't have to be long and gory to get the point across. Overall, I loved the story of this movie, and it was played out well. I loved every second of it, and even got a little teary at the end (it was a good teary - the "aw" factor). If you see this movie, you must stay until after the credits are over to see a sneak preview of the upcoming movie "The Avengers".

My rating: 8

If you'd like to check out the official website for the movie, which is where I found the synopsis, click here: THOR

*Ratings are on a 1 - 10 scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment